I’d like to introduce Erin Fleming McCloskey. Erin is just starting her career as a financial planner. She passed the CFP examination on the first try which is something to be proud of as the pass rate is about 63.5%. Lucky for me, Erin is a paraplanner with my firm, Curtis Financial Planning, LLC. Erin […]
Archive | Budgeting Help RSS feed for this section
I came up with a brainstorm in my usual place (the shower) one morning. I had been thinking about the cash flow work I do with my clients and how it almost always initiates a discussion about what they want more of in life. It usually goes like this: We review the fixed or essential […]
A new year is almost upon us—always a good time to look towards the future and recommit to past goals or create new ones especially when it comes to our personal finances. Just in time to help with your goal-setting, here is a list of 12 simple steps you can take with your money in […]
Contrary to popular opinion, you were not born to shop. If you are a woman who loves clothes and fashion (c’est moi) this may be debatable. However, most of us have to curb our enthusiasm for adornment lest we wreak havoc on our cash flow and personal net worth. Over the years, I’ve developed a […]
Budgeting,Revisited. Fee Only Financial Planner says: Develop a workable tracking system and you are more likely to stay within your budget.
San Francisco is on the leading edge of the locavore movement. It’s also one of the most expensive cities in the U.S. No wonder the Commonwealth Club program at the Port Commission room at the Ferry Building housed a sell-out crowd this past Wednesday night. The topic: how to eat locally on a budget. […]
I’m a financial advisor. But I’m also a normal person just like you, and I know how difficult it is to be an American and somehow not feel it’s your duty to shop. Our economic and social system is based on capitalism, which is partly defined as the creation of goods and services for profit […]
In the course of my financial planning practice, I meet many people who share similar attitudes, fears or misconceptions about money management. It turns out that most people make money way more difficult and scary than it needs to be. So in response to all this, I came up with 10 Simple Truths About Money […]
You wrap your hands around your shopping cart and feel your heartbeat quicken as you enter the store. Your senses are heightened by that familiar junk-food aroma particular to Target. You take the long way to the work-out clothes department. You want a quick peak at the women’s clothing. You suddenly remember that Target’s latest clothing […]
The primary reason my 20 and 30 year old clients hire me is to help them with debt management, cash flow and budgeting.
About Cathy Curtis
Cathy Curtis is a fee only Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and investment advisor who specializes in the finances of women, their families and businesses.
Sign up for The Happiness Spreadsheet
Sign up today and receive a free download of The Happiness Spreadsheet e-Book.
Learn how to create a life aligned with your values, beliefs and ideals.
By opting in you are subscribing to my email newsletter.
- Financial Planner Helps You Discover Your Money Personality January 18, 2010
- Financial Advisor on Why You Weren’t Born To Shop (Simple Truth #3) February 20, 2010
- Women and Money – Women in the Food Biz Talk Business Plans July 1, 2009
- Women And Money: Primp Your LinkedIn Profile March 6, 2010
- Fee Only Financial Planner Interviews Abby June 23, 2009
- The Solo-K: Smart Retirement Planning for the Self-Employed April 21, 2014
- What is Your Financial Trigger? April 7, 2014
- Buying Your Own Home? Read This First March 17, 2014
- Real-life Financial Stories: Student Loan Debt February 24, 2014
- Short List for your Finances 2014 January 20, 2014
- Kristina: I love this analogy...it's memorable, relatable a...
- Fern LaRocca CFP® EA: So sorry for your loss. .... Fern LaRocca CFP®...
- Heather O\'Neill: Cathy: I was so sorry to hear about the passing...
- Kristina: Cathy - I am deeply sorry for your loss. My heart ...
- Kristina: Thanks for sharing you and your Mom's personal st...
Women and Money
© 2014 Of Independent Means. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by WordPress. Designed by