I came up with a brainstorm in my usual place (the shower) one morning. I had been thinking about the cash flow work I do with my clients and how it almost always initiates a discussion about what they want more of in life. It usually goes like this: We review the fixed or essential […]
Archive | Budgeting Help RSS feed for this section
A new year is almost upon us—always a good time to look towards the future and recommit to past goals or create new ones especially when it comes to our personal finances. Just in time to help with your goal-setting, here is a list of 12 simple steps you can take with your money in […]
Contrary to popular opinion, you were not born to shop. If you are a woman who loves clothes and fashion (c’est moi) this may be debatable. However, most of us have to curb our enthusiasm for adornment lest we wreak havoc on our cash flow and personal net worth. Over the years, I’ve developed a […]
Budgeting,Revisited. Fee Only Financial Planner says: Develop a workable tracking system and you are more likely to stay within your budget.
San Francisco is on the leading edge of the locavore movement. It’s also one of the most expensive cities in the U.S. No wonder the Commonwealth Club program at the Port Commission room at the Ferry Building housed a sell-out crowd this past Wednesday night. The topic: how to eat locally on a budget. […]
I’m a financial advisor. But I’m also a normal person just like you, and I know how difficult it is to be an American and somehow not feel it’s your duty to shop. Our economic and social system is based on capitalism, which is partly defined as the creation of goods and services for profit […]
In the course of my financial planning practice, I meet many people who share similar attitudes, fears or misconceptions about money management. It turns out that most people make money way more difficult and scary than it needs to be. So in response to all this, I came up with 10 Simple Truths About Money […]
You wrap your hands around your shopping cart and feel your heartbeat quicken as you enter the store. Your senses are heightened by that familiar junk-food aroma particular to Target. You take the long way to the work-out clothes department. You want a quick peak at the women’s clothing. You suddenly remember that Target’s latest clothing […]
The primary reason my 20 and 30 year old clients hire me is to help them with debt management, cash flow and budgeting.
On my last visit, we got into a chat about money because Trudy had just completed a loan modification and was more than happy to share the details with me. I was very interested because I knew banks were considering loan modifications, but hadn’t heard of anyone actually getting one.
About Cathy Curtis
Cathy Curtis is a fee only Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and investment advisor who specializes in the finances of women, their families and businesses.
Sign up for The Happiness Spreadsheet
Sign up today and receive a free download of The Happiness Spreadsheet e-Book.
Learn how to create a life aligned with your values, beliefs and ideals.
By opting in you are subscribing to my email newsletter.
- Financial Planner Helps You Discover Your Money Personality January 18, 2010
- Women and Money – Women in the Food Biz Talk Business Plans July 1, 2009
- Financial Advisor on Why You Weren’t Born To Shop (Simple Truth #3) February 20, 2010
- Women And Money: Primp Your LinkedIn Profile March 6, 2010
- Fee Only Financial Planner Interviews Abby June 23, 2009
- A New Resource for your Financial Planning Education October 25, 2013
- The Truth About Diversification October 9, 2013
- Buying A New Home? Some Common Misconceptions About Financing It June 26, 2013
- Emotionally Charged Money: Inheritance May 8, 2013
- Retirement Planning Strategies for Stay-at-Home Moms February 20, 2013
- Kristina: I love this analogy...it's memorable, relatable a...
- Fern LaRocca CFP® EA: So sorry for your loss. .... Fern LaRocca CFP®...
- Heather O\'Neill: Cathy: I was so sorry to hear about the passing...
- Kristina: Cathy - I am deeply sorry for your loss. My heart ...
- Kristina: Thanks for sharing you and your Mom's personal st...
© 2013 Of Independent Means. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by WordPress. Designed by