It seems nothing can stop Americans from wanting to buy their own homes. It’s almost as if the credit crisis didn’t happen, even though not too long ago we were bombarded daily with stories about crashing prices, underwater mortgages and home foreclosures. It was an American nightmare, not the American Dream. But if you think […]
Archive | cash flow planning RSS feed for this section
I’d like to introduce Erin Fleming McCloskey. Erin is just starting her career as a financial planner. She passed the CFP examination on the first try which is something to be proud of as the pass rate is about 63.5%. Lucky for me, Erin is a paraplanner with my firm, Curtis Financial Planning, LLC. Erin […]
It was a beautiful sunny Saturday afternoon and the light was streaming in the windows of the cozy art studio. A long table was covered in butcher paper and cheese and crackers, frittata and chocolate bars were ready to be consumed. As Tamara and I finished getting the room ready for our workshop, the attendees […]
I came up with a brainstorm in my usual place (the shower) one morning. I had been thinking about the cash flow work I do with my clients and how it almost always initiates a discussion about what they want more of in life. It usually goes like this: We review the fixed or essential […]
A new year is almost upon us—always a good time to look towards the future and recommit to past goals or create new ones especially when it comes to our personal finances. Just in time to help with your goal-setting, here is a list of 12 simple steps you can take with your money in […]
Contrary to popular opinion, you were not born to shop. If you are a woman who loves clothes and fashion (c’est moi) this may be debatable. However, most of us have to curb our enthusiasm for adornment lest we wreak havoc on our cash flow and personal net worth. Over the years, I’ve developed a […]
Budgeting,Revisited. Fee Only Financial Planner says: Develop a workable tracking system and you are more likely to stay within your budget.
San Francisco is on the leading edge of the locavore movement. It’s also one of the most expensive cities in the U.S. No wonder the Commonwealth Club program at the Port Commission room at the Ferry Building housed a sell-out crowd this past Wednesday night. The topic: how to eat locally on a budget. […]
Inflation and taxes can wreak havoc on the best-laid financial plans unless you arm yourself with the knowledge and tactics to prevent the most damage. Today we’ll focus on inflation, which is one powerful enemy. Why? You can’t see it, there are are no laws protecting you from it and it’s not selective. Every single […]
I’m a financial advisor. But I’m also a normal person just like you, and I know how difficult it is to be an American and somehow not feel it’s your duty to shop. Our economic and social system is based on capitalism, which is partly defined as the creation of goods and services for profit […]
About Cathy Curtis
Cathy Curtis is an independent fee only Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and investment advisor who specializes in the finances of women, their families and businesses.
The Happiness Spreadsheet
- Financial Planner Helps You Discover Your Money Personality January 18, 2010
- Fee Only Financial Planner Interviews Abby June 23, 2009
- Women And Money: Primp Your LinkedIn Profile March 6, 2010
- Financial Planner on Why You Weren’t Born To Shop (Simple Truth #3) February 20, 2010
- Financial Advisor on Why You Weren’t Born To Shop (Simple Truth #3) February 20, 2010
- The Solo-K: Smart Retirement Planning for the Self-Employed April 21, 2014
- What is Your Financial Trigger? April 7, 2014
- Buying Your Own Home? Read This First March 17, 2014
- Real-life Financial Stories: Student Loan Debt February 24, 2014
- Short List for your Finances 2014 January 20, 2014
- Kristina: I love this analogy...it's memorable, relatable a...
- Fern LaRocca CFP® EA: So sorry for your loss. .... Fern LaRocca CFP® E...
- Heather O\'Neill: Cathy: I was so sorry to hear about the passing o...
- Kristina: Cathy - I am deeply sorry for your loss. My heart ...
- Cathy Curtis: mercy beaucoup. Je sues heureuz aussi que vous et...