I’d like to introduce Erin Fleming McCloskey. Erin is just starting her career as a financial planner. She passed the CFP examination on the first try which is something to be proud of as the pass rate is about 63.5%. Lucky for me, Erin is a paraplanner with my firm, Curtis Financial Planning, LLC. Erin […]
Archive | Financial Planning RSS feed for this section
There are many actions you can take to improve your finances, and that’s sometimes the problem. I have compiled a short list of ideas that can make a real difference in your financial health. Copy and paste this short list into Evernote or other list-making software or print it out and tape it to your […]
You may be one of the many Baby Boomers or Gen-Xers who have received an inheritance or will in the not too distant future. It has been documented that the wealth transfer from the “Greatest Generation” to their heirs will total $14 trillion. If you’ll be receiving an inheritance, it pays to prepare yourself, as no money […]
OK, so you’re a stay at home mom and it’s your full-time job to raise the kids. (By the way, you’re not alone; five million women in the U.S. are stay-at-home moms.) That doesn’t mean you’re off the hook for retirement planning. You probably run the finances for the household and know where all the […]
I recently had the opportunity to speak to a group of women, all between 20 and 30 years old, about money. Many of them were living on their own for the first time and just starting their careers. It was also the first time they had ever talked to a professional about their personal finances, […]
Contrary to popular opinion, you were not born to shop. If you are a woman who loves clothes and fashion (c’est moi) this may be debatable. However, most of us have to curb our enthusiasm for adornment lest we wreak havoc on our cash flow and personal net worth. Over the years, I’ve developed a […]
Stock Market Volatility Doesn’t Imply Direction of the Stock Market – It’s The Price We Pay for a Higher Return
Stock market volatility doesn’t imply direction of the stock market – it’s the price we pay for a higher return. Repeat this phrase to yourself whenever you feel anxiety overcoming logic and you’re tempted to sell your stocks into cash. After you calm down, take time to review your portfolio to determine whether it’s allocated in […]
You wrap your hands around your shopping cart and feel your heartbeat quicken as you enter the store. Your senses are heightened by that familiar junk-food aroma particular to Target. You take the long way to the work-out clothes department. You want a quick peak at the women’s clothing. You suddenly remember that Target’s latest clothing […]
About Cathy Curtis
Cathy Curtis is a fee only Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and investment advisor who specializes in the finances of women, their families and businesses.
Sign up for The Happiness Spreadsheet
Sign up today and receive a free download of The Happiness Spreadsheet e-Book.
Learn how to create a life aligned with your values, beliefs and ideals.
By opting in you are subscribing to my email newsletter.
- Financial Planner Helps You Discover Your Money Personality January 18, 2010
- Financial Advisor on Why You Weren’t Born To Shop (Simple Truth #3) February 20, 2010
- Women and Money – Women in the Food Biz Talk Business Plans July 1, 2009
- Women And Money: Primp Your LinkedIn Profile March 6, 2010
- Alice Anna Disse, My Mother July 26,1921- July 18, 2012 July 27, 2012
- Real-life Financial Stories: Student Loan Debt February 24, 2014
- Short List for your Finances 2014 January 20, 2014
- Interesting Financial Blogs – Really! January 13, 2014
- A New Resource for your Financial Planning Education October 25, 2013
- The Truth About Diversification October 9, 2013
- Kristina: I love this analogy...it's memorable, relatable a...
- Fern LaRocca CFP® EA: So sorry for your loss. .... Fern LaRocca CFP®...
- Heather O\'Neill: Cathy: I was so sorry to hear about the passing...
- Kristina: Cathy - I am deeply sorry for your loss. My heart ...
- Kristina: Thanks for sharing you and your Mom's personal st...
© 2014 Of Independent Means. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by WordPress. Designed by