Your credit score is the single most important tool institutions use to determine your creditworthiness. Without a credit score of 700 or over, you won’t get the best rates on mortgages and car loans, and you may not get that apartment or job that you dream of. Your credit score can also affect the price you pay for auto insurance. A low credit score can prevent you from getting what you want or make what you get much more expensive!
Tag Archives | credit score
As a financial planner, I know too well how important good credit is to the financial health of my clients. Excellent credit is a financial asset that can pay huge dividends across all areas of your financial life. But the world of credit bureaus and credit reports can be a little confusing to many people. […]
Two thoughts spring to mind about young people and money: the schools don’t teach our kids about money. And parents are a little shaky on this topic too, owing to cultural taboos around talking about money.
About Cathy Curtis
Cathy Curtis is a fee only Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and investment advisor who specializes in the finances of women, their families and businesses.
Sign up for The Happiness Spreadsheet
Sign up today and receive a free download of The Happiness Spreadsheet e-Book.
Learn how to create a life aligned with your values, beliefs and ideals.
By opting in you are subscribing to my email newsletter.
- Financial Planner Helps You Discover Your Money Personality January 18, 2010
- Women and Money – Women in the Food Biz Talk Business Plans July 1, 2009
- Financial Advisor on Why You Weren’t Born To Shop (Simple Truth #3) February 20, 2010
- Women And Money: Primp Your LinkedIn Profile March 6, 2010
- Fee Only Financial Planner Interviews Abby June 23, 2009
- A New Resource for your Financial Planning Education October 25, 2013
- The Truth About Diversification October 9, 2013
- Buying A New Home? Some Common Misconceptions About Financing It June 26, 2013
- Emotionally Charged Money: Inheritance May 8, 2013
- Retirement Planning Strategies for Stay-at-Home Moms February 20, 2013
- Kristina: I love this analogy...it's memorable, relatable a...
- Fern LaRocca CFP® EA: So sorry for your loss. .... Fern LaRocca CFP®...
- Heather O\'Neill: Cathy: I was so sorry to hear about the passing...
- Kristina: Cathy - I am deeply sorry for your loss. My heart ...
- Kristina: Thanks for sharing you and your Mom's personal st...
© 2013 Of Independent Means. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by WordPress. Designed by