On my last visit, we got into a chat about money because Trudy had just completed a loan modification and was more than happy to share the details with me. I was very interested because I knew banks were considering loan modifications, but hadn’t heard of anyone actually getting one.
Tag Archives | families and money
Tax Planning Tutorial: This Fee Only Planner Thinks It’s Time To Clear up the Confusion Over the Gift Tax Law
There are many confusing tax laws, but the one that seems to generate the most misunderstanding is the gift tax law. Everyone seems to be aware that people can give up to $13,000 (this amount is periodically adjusted for inflation) a year with no tax consequences – but beyond that it’s fuzzy. A client asked me today if she would have to pay tax on a $100,000 gift her parents were planning to give her to buy a house. The answer is no.
About Cathy Curtis
Cathy Curtis is an independent fee only Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and investment advisor who specializes in the finances of women, their families and businesses.
The Happiness Spreadsheet
- Financial Planner Helps You Discover Your Money Personality January 18, 2010
- Fee Only Financial Planner Interviews Abby June 23, 2009
- Women And Money: Primp Your LinkedIn Profile March 6, 2010
- Financial Planner on Why You Weren’t Born To Shop (Simple Truth #3) February 20, 2010
- Financial Advisor on Why You Weren’t Born To Shop (Simple Truth #3) February 20, 2010
- The Solo-K: Smart Retirement Planning for the Self-Employed April 21, 2014
- What is Your Financial Trigger? April 7, 2014
- Buying Your Own Home? Read This First March 17, 2014
- Real-life Financial Stories: Student Loan Debt February 24, 2014
- Short List for your Finances 2014 January 20, 2014
- Kristina: I love this analogy...it's memorable, relatable a...
- Fern LaRocca CFP® EA: So sorry for your loss. .... Fern LaRocca CFP® E...
- Heather O\'Neill: Cathy: I was so sorry to hear about the passing o...
- Kristina: Cathy - I am deeply sorry for your loss. My heart ...
- Cathy Curtis: mercy beaucoup. Je sues heureuz aussi que vous et...