You may be one of the many Baby Boomers or Gen-Xers who have received an inheritance or will in the not too distant future. It has been documented that the wealth transfer from the “Greatest Generation” to their heirs will total $14 trillion. If you’ll be receiving an inheritance, it pays to prepare yourself, as no money […]
Tag Archives | Financial Planning
The “fiscal cliff” and “taxageddon” refer to a convergence of fiscal events (or government spending and tax policies that influence the economy) slated to occur almost simultaneously at the end of 2012. If these terms aren’t on your radar yet, they are sure to be soon, as the media loves nothing better than drama and […]
As a financial advisor, I published my free ebook, The 10 Simple Truths About Money, because I strongly believe that it’s true that, “Learning financial concepts and managing money can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be. There are simple truths about money that can change your life.”
During the peak of the real estate buying frenzy (2005–2007) many Americans decided to invest in real estate other than their homes in the hopes of capital gains. Unfortunately, when the bubble burst, the ensuing credit crisis left these investors with a moral dilemma. Many of these investors are just ordinary folks who pay their […]
In my living room sat an architect, a CPA, a healthcare executive, a innovation consultant, a marketing and branding expert, a retired attorney, a writer for the Huffington Post, a clutter coach, an interior designer, a home staging specialist, a jewelry designer, a technical writer, and a newspaper columnist.
Your credit score is the single most important tool institutions use to determine your creditworthiness. Without a credit score of 700 or over, you won’t get the best rates on mortgages and car loans, and you may not get that apartment or job that you dream of. Your credit score can also affect the price you pay for auto insurance. A low credit score can prevent you from getting what you want or make what you get much more expensive!
I’m a financial advisor. But I’m also a normal person just like you, and I know how difficult it is to be an American and somehow not feel it’s your duty to shop. Our economic and social system is based on capitalism, which is partly defined as the creation of goods and services for profit […]
In the course of my financial planning practice, I meet many people who share similar attitudes, fears or misconceptions about money management. It turns out that most people make money way more difficult and scary than it needs to be. So in response to all this, I came up with 10 Simple Truths About Money […]
I recently hosted two panel discussions that focused on women entrepreneurs in the food business.
About Cathy Curtis
Cathy Curtis is a fee only Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and investment advisor who specializes in the finances of women, their families and businesses.
Sign up for The Happiness Spreadsheet
Sign up today and receive a free download of The Happiness Spreadsheet e-Book.
Learn how to create a life aligned with your values, beliefs and ideals.
By opting in you are subscribing to my email newsletter.
- Financial Planner Helps You Discover Your Money Personality January 18, 2010
- Financial Advisor on Why You Weren’t Born To Shop (Simple Truth #3) February 20, 2010
- Women and Money – Women in the Food Biz Talk Business Plans July 1, 2009
- Women And Money: Primp Your LinkedIn Profile March 6, 2010
- Alice Anna Disse, My Mother July 26,1921- July 18, 2012 July 27, 2012
- Real-life Financial Stories: Student Loan Debt February 24, 2014
- Short List for your Finances 2014 January 20, 2014
- Interesting Financial Blogs – Really! January 13, 2014
- A New Resource for your Financial Planning Education October 25, 2013
- The Truth About Diversification October 9, 2013
- Kristina: I love this analogy...it's memorable, relatable a...
- Fern LaRocca CFP® EA: So sorry for your loss. .... Fern LaRocca CFP®...
- Heather O\'Neill: Cathy: I was so sorry to hear about the passing...
- Kristina: Cathy - I am deeply sorry for your loss. My heart ...
- Kristina: Thanks for sharing you and your Mom's personal st...
© 2014 Of Independent Means. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by WordPress. Designed by