Here is my advice to couples who are facing financial challenges and don’t see eye to eye on the value of a financial planner. Work together and see if you can find consensus. Remember one of the rules of marketing: What’s In It For Me? Help your partner understand there are benefits. Even though the process may be uncomfortable, and difficult to understand, the end results are what matter most.
Tag Archives | hiring a financial planner
About Cathy Curtis
Cathy Curtis is an independent fee only Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and investment advisor who specializes in the finances of women, their families and businesses.
The Happiness Spreadsheet
- Financial Planner Helps You Discover Your Money Personality January 18, 2010
- Fee Only Financial Planner Interviews Abby June 23, 2009
- Women And Money: Primp Your LinkedIn Profile March 6, 2010
- Financial Planner on Why You Weren’t Born To Shop (Simple Truth #3) February 20, 2010
- Financial Advisor on Why You Weren’t Born To Shop (Simple Truth #3) February 20, 2010
- The Solo-K: Smart Retirement Planning for the Self-Employed April 21, 2014
- What is Your Financial Trigger? April 7, 2014
- Buying Your Own Home? Read This First March 17, 2014
- Real-life Financial Stories: Student Loan Debt February 24, 2014
- Short List for your Finances 2014 January 20, 2014
- Kristina: I love this analogy...it's memorable, relatable a...
- Fern LaRocca CFP® EA: So sorry for your loss. .... Fern LaRocca CFP® E...
- Heather O\'Neill: Cathy: I was so sorry to hear about the passing o...
- Kristina: Cathy - I am deeply sorry for your loss. My heart ...
- Cathy Curtis: mercy beaucoup. Je sues heureuz aussi que vous et...
401(k) 529 plans budgeting business plans cash flow Cathy Curtis compounding interest comprehensive financial plan comprehensive financial planning couples Couples and Money cred cards credit score debt Entrepreneurship families and money FICO Score financial planner financial planning healthcare healthcare planning health insurance hiring a financial planner Home buying in the S.F. Bay Area individual health insurance Inflation inheritance marriage and money money Money Personality Mortgage mortgages Networking Savvy Young Women shopping Simple Truths About Money Social media tax taxes tax planning Teens and Money women women and business Women and Money your taxes