It was a beautiful sunny Saturday afternoon and the light was streaming in the windows of the cozy art studio. A long table was covered in butcher paper and cheese and crackers, frittata and chocolate bars were ready to be consumed. As Tamara and I finished getting the room ready for our workshop, the attendees […]
Tag Archives | Women and Money
Last week, I attended a screening of Jennifer Seibel Newsom’s new film, Miss Representation. It was a fun night out with the girls on a beautiful summer evening, but the movie’s content wasn’t uplifting, nor was it meant to be. The film documents the role of media in today’s society and how it marginalizes women […]
As a financial advisor, I’ve read my share of tax books. So, I poured myself a strong cup of coffee, made sure I wasn’t too comfortable and opened Small Business Taxes Made Easy by Eva Rosenberg. After reading the first few pages, I realized that this tax book was different. First of all, I enjoyed […]
In my living room sat an architect, a CPA, a healthcare executive, a innovation consultant, a marketing and branding expert, a retired attorney, a writer for the Huffington Post, a clutter coach, an interior designer, a home staging specialist, a jewelry designer, a technical writer, and a newspaper columnist.
It was my pleasure to moderate a panel of women who have made it part of their life’s work to help and support women entrepreneurs. Julie Abrams as CEO of Women’s Initiative; Alison Covarrubias as Co-Founder of The Hatch Network; Baat Enosh of NCWIT and Women 2.0 and Ayesha Mathews-Wadhwa as a Director of Savor […]
On my last visit, we got into a chat about money because Trudy had just completed a loan modification and was more than happy to share the details with me. I was very interested because I knew banks were considering loan modifications, but hadn’t heard of anyone actually getting one.
About Cathy Curtis
Cathy Curtis is an independent fee only Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and investment advisor who specializes in the finances of women, their families and businesses.
The Happiness Spreadsheet
- Financial Planner Helps You Discover Your Money Personality January 18, 2010
- Fee Only Financial Planner Interviews Abby June 23, 2009
- Women And Money: Primp Your LinkedIn Profile March 6, 2010
- Financial Planner on Why You Weren’t Born To Shop (Simple Truth #3) February 20, 2010
- Financial Advisor on Why You Weren’t Born To Shop (Simple Truth #3) February 20, 2010
- The Solo-K: Smart Retirement Planning for the Self-Employed April 21, 2014
- What is Your Financial Trigger? April 7, 2014
- Buying Your Own Home? Read This First March 17, 2014
- Real-life Financial Stories: Student Loan Debt February 24, 2014
- Short List for your Finances 2014 January 20, 2014
- Kristina: I love this analogy...it's memorable, relatable a...
- Fern LaRocca CFP® EA: So sorry for your loss. .... Fern LaRocca CFP® E...
- Heather O\'Neill: Cathy: I was so sorry to hear about the passing o...
- Kristina: Cathy - I am deeply sorry for your loss. My heart ...
- Cathy Curtis: mercy beaucoup. Je sues heureuz aussi que vous et...